Tuesday, January 20, 2009

50 Completely Honest Things about me: Part 3 of 50

Part 3 of 50: I Don't Eat Eggs







I have been told that I used to love eggs. That I would eat them for every meal if given the chance. I liked them by themselves, with hotdogs cut up in them, with cheese or ketchup- didn't matter how they were made I wanted to eat them. I'm pretty sure mom whoever told me this story is lying! I absolutely loathe eggs. Over easy, scrambled, hard boiled, deviled- it doesn't matter how you cook them- I loathe them! They smell funny when they are cooking and they have odd textures no matter how you have them done. There has only been ONE exception to my hate over the last 20+ years and that is the delicious concoction that we eat every year at my friend Jaime's (Our Crazy Life) dads lake cottage. It's some sort of egg, biscuit, sausage and cheese dream that I love. But it's all mixed and baked together, so it isn't like I am eating a pile of eggs.

Don't get me wrong- I have tried to overcome this. I am extremely limited on my selection when going out for breakfast. It's pancakes, waffles or biscuits & gravy for me. I've even commented on how yummy an omelet looks- took a taste- and immediately regretted taking that bite.

J and Parker love eggs. J will randomly make hardboiled eggs and eat them as lunch or a snack. This definitely grosses me out!

I will continue to try to fight my hatred so that someday I might actually order an omelet for breakfast, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!

2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Hi Nikki, I'm finally catching up on reading my favorite blogs. I see you've already begun a meme of sorts. No need to participate in mine too. It was fun to scroll through your posts and catch up. I love the winter photos you took in -16 degree temps. You're a brave girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I guess we are quitting eggs too. My 1 year old is allergic to them. I loved hardboiled eggs...