Friday, January 16, 2009

Grand Marais, Minnesota

On our drive to grandma's last week we stopped in Grand Marais, MN. If you have never been there it is a place to visit. It's a tiny-tourist town with lots of little cafe's and gift stores but it also has some of the most beautiful scenery around.
I took all of the following photos while we were letting the dogs out of the truck to tinkle. I can't imagine how they would have turned out using my mom's Nikon camera. Mine is just a fuji digital camera, no lenses to put on and no thinking to do!
Grand Marais is nestled along the northern shore of Lake Superior.

This is what happens when the waves from the lake crash up onto the shoreline and then freeze

Look at this poor, little, lonely weed all encased in ice! I thought it looked so crazily out of place just standing there.



This is the walking path by the harbor
On our way out of town we noticed some really cool trees, full of little red berries. I have no idea what they are but thought they were beautiful.

(this one is my computer background!)

Hope you enjoyed- I'm going back to freezing my buns off (negative 16 today). Brrrr....





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

god...it looks FREEEZING there. (note to self: don't go to the midwest in the winter.) i drove through mn with husban-dito in july 2007 on our road trip. i remember LOTS of trees...

Anonymous said...

Nikki...your pictures turned out beautiful. Next time remind me to bring my camera.