Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random Babble on a Wednesday

Sorry this post is not going to have an witty stories or info into my private life. I am simply posting because I have a bunch of garbage floating around in my head and I am addicted to blogging now.


1. In sticking with my New Year's Resolutions I have started a weekly gym routine. Sunday- swim laps; Monday nights-Yoga; Tuesday nights- Body Combat; Wednesday is Volleyball; Thursday- do my own workout at the gym and on Saturday mornings if I feel like getting out of bed I have Yoga.
This is the first week that I started this routine. Last night was Body Combat. Our drill sergeant, athletic dominatrix Instructor, Michelle, is all of 5'2 and 105 pounds but do not let outside appearances fool you- she is tough. About half way through the hour class as I wiped the sweat from my brow whole face I wondered what the hell had I gotten myself into and I didn't know if I'd make it through the entire hour. But I did- with my dinner nearly coming up and out- and I will begrudgingly go back again next week for more torture a wonderful workout!


2. Because of the terrible economic conditions and business being terribly slow, I have had my very comfortable 40 hours per week cut in half for the time being. The good thing is that I go back to work full time as soon as my co-worker goes into labor & on maternity leave. She's due Feb 20 but I'm obviously hoping for an early baby! We are currently doing a 3 on, 2 off/ 3 off, 2 on rotation. That said tomorrow is my day off and I think I have more on my agenda than I would if I were actually at work!


3. I'm finally having the Blazer looked at tomorrow by the insurance company of the other driver involved in my New Years accident. I was told that 99% of the time the adjuster will just issue payment then and there and we can take the truck to get fixed where ever we want. With my current work situation and no idea what the future looks like economically, I think we are going to take the check and forget getting the Blazer fixed. Yeah, it's ugly but the truck is a total Lemon and we are just going to drive it until it dies.


4. I just did 5 loads of laundry this weekend and I already have 2 more to do.


5. I have heartburn today. I'm sure it's because I drank 2 cups of hot chocolate this morning.


6. I have a long list of things to do at home. I was enthusiastic when writing them down but now I don't feel like wasting my day off to do them!


7. I'm going up north for a couple of days to see if I can hook up my mom's new computer and transfer all of her files.

8. I'm scared that it's tax time. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to pay in- and probably BIG time this year. Or I could evade income tax and run to some exotic island somewhere. Note to self: discuss option 2 with J tonight.

9. It's volleyball night and the 2 horrible charlie horses (one in each of my calves) that woke me up screaming at 11 last night are grinning and discussing what they might do to me tonight.

10. I saw the strangest thing a few days ago and then again today. Someone dressed up like the Statue of Liberty standing on the street corner waving. I have yet to understand why? Is it an inauguration thing or are they advertising for the business across the street that does income tax returns? I have no idea.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It's the income tax place. Allison's sister Betsy was the statue of liberty for liberty tax service in green bay...:)

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Blogging IS addictive, isn't it? I saw a statue of liberty hanging out on a street corner a few blocks from my office. Seeing Kristen's comment, I now understand why.