Friday, February 27, 2009

Random Babble on a boring Friday

1. My Blazer decided to not start- again- this week. Had it towed to the shop to find out it was the fuel pump. $800 and a 2 day car rental later I can pick it up at 5pm tonight.

2. Winter storm whoever was supposed to be terrible last night but as far as I can tell we got a couple of inches and lots of 30+mph wind. But still just enough to make people forget how to drive!

3. My little rental car- Chevy Cobalt- is cute as hell. I loved tooling around in it the last couple of days- but it handles not so well in the snow.

4. In the words of Eric Cartman from Southpark- I am truly a "GINGER KID" (minus the whole soulless part). I purchased a 30 day- unlimited session- tanning package to try to get a base before my cruise. I went for 10 minutes on Tuesday and was a little pink when I got home. I went for another 10 minutes last night and I am so burnt that I couldn't even wear a bra today because it hurt so bad. My freckles are out in FULL force. J thinks their cute so maybe it's not so bad!

5. My mom is coming down tonight to attend my SIL's baby shower tomorrow. I still have to purchase the ingredients and make an ice ring for the punch, make ham & pickle pinwheels and get everything together.

6. Parker and I have check up eye appointments tomorrow morning and I'm ordering new glasses. I have the same pair of frames (and the prescription lenses) as I had when J and I started dating. Needless to say I can't see a thing with my current glasses on!

7. I can't believe that in exactly 29 days I will be on a cruise to Central America! Today is Missy's birthday so I sent her a card in the mail to let her know we'd celebrate- heavily- on the boat!

8. Parker turns 14 in 4 days. I've been trying to figure out where the time went- I can't grasp this yet. And he is ALL teenager right now!

9. I haven't been up north in a while. I also realized that J has only been up once since we moved and that was Thanksgiving. I'd say it's time for a little visit.

10. I am totally addicted to reading other peoples blogs. I am fascinated by what happens to or goes through the thoughts of other people in the world. I am a total "blog stalker" and I don't care!

11. I was a busy bee today getting all of my month end things done. Now I have nothing to do, I'm bored and ready to go home- but it's only 2:18.

12. Our volleyball team is still in first place-by 2 games. Next week is our last game of the season and we play the 2nd place team. Then we start the spring league the following week!

13. I really like my hair length right now. It looks good if I leave it curly or straighten it. I've been straightening it a lot lately- it looks sheek!

14. Body Combat has been kicking my butt. But I feel great afterwards and I don't feel like I'm going to throw up during class anymore!

Have a great weekend everyone. Catch ya later

No comments: