Thursday, February 5, 2009

I am God.... Godmother, that is!

Nearly 5 years ago, J and I were asked to be Godparents for our friends first born- Ayden Steven Payne.
Jaime showed off her pregnant belly at our wedding and we were patiently awaiting our "little man" making his appearance to the world. Ayden has proven to be the perfect little guy for us and has also proven to be a little ham just like his daddy Jason and of course his uncle J! He is so smart and inquisitive. He has J and I wrapped around his little fingers- he even got me to go bug hunting this summer when they were home from Atlanta!


Jaime & Jason have recently welcomed baby #3 -Ava Marie.

The only sister for Ayden and his little brother Jameson. After an early birth and very hard first few weeks Ava is growing bigger & stronger every day!

I received another VERY exciting call tonight. Jaime called to ask if I would take on the roll of Godmother to Ava as well. Her Godfather will be Ryan, Jason's brother. I was very touched to be asked and of course said "yes" immediately. There is no way to express our gratitude to Jaime and Jason for allowing us to be such a special part of Ayden & Ava's lives. We don't take our titles lightly and it kills us that they are so far away.



Ayden we love you dearly- you will ALWAYS be our first born... our Little Man.



But I am so excited to have this little piece of heaven all to my self!

2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Ummmm...all to yourself? i think not. But we're more than willing to share :)

Nikki S. said...

I knew I was gonna get it for that last comment! :)