Wednesday, February 4, 2009

But I like carrots now... doesn't that count for anything?

Most people that I know have a fear of the dentist office. I have always thought this was odd. I don't particularly like going to the dentist- it's not a day in the park- but I've never had an outright fear of the dentist either.

There is a doctor (aside from the obvious OBGYN) that I am uncomfortable going to though- it's the Optometrist. I should definately have ate more carrots when I was little. Mom wasn't lying - I still have never seen a rabbit with glasses.

For me the day that my yearly eye exam is scheduled for is one of the most stressful days of the year. And that day was this Saturday past. Aside from the glaucoma/puff-of-air test being annoying the rest is quite stressful. The other tests I'm not too fond of are the color test (page with green dots all over and a number in orange dots mixed in with the green dots) or the depth perception test (put on the funny glasses and tell which shape is elevated off the page). There is too much thinking involved when having these tests done- and what happens if you get one wrong- will take away your license and deem you borderline blind? Don't even get me started on the which is better option 1 or option 2 test. This is the most stressful part of the exam for me. Sometimes they aren't better. Sometime option 1 is exactly like option 2 and I wonder to myself if they do this on purpose to screw with you. Regardless of my distaste for the eye doctor is is imperative that I make the trip once a year as eye issues run in my family. My eyes continue to get worse every year- which confuses me as I wear "corrective lenses". But what the hell, I have really good insurance now, so there is no excuse to not go!

No comments: