Wednesday, February 11, 2009

50 Completely Honest Things About Me: Part 6 of 50


Part 6 of 50: I have terrible spelling and grammar

Okay, so lets face it, you've been reading for a while so I'm sure you've all noticed!

English was never one of my favorite classes but I got decent grades. However, it was more of a "in one ear out the other" class for me.

I'm not horrible at spelling, I can usually sound things out but double constants definitely give me problems. J has even said that I wrote him a note one time, had the right word down crossed it out and then misspelled it.

My biggest issue is grammar. I am terrible. I have a tendency for run-on sentences and punctuation where it doesn't need to be or no punctuation where it needs to be. I make up my own grammar using a lot of -'s or ...'s and I tend to throw in a few odd ,'s for good measure!

I'm okay with this... really I am. But I warn you if this is something that you just can not stomach- can not fathom that someone would be this bad and continue writing- then we should probably part ways now........I will miss you!

1 comment:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

No parting of ways for me. I actually write better than I speak. It bugs me. When I speak I use all sorts of bad grammar such as gonna and shoulda. If you can put up with my grammar, putting up with yours is a piece of cake!