Monday, February 2, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend was a pretty uneventful yet wonderful weekend.
Friday:
It all started with my husband taking me out for dinner and drinks to our usual Friday night hot spot, Sliders. We have such a great time together and sometimes find ourselves deep in conversation an hour after we get there and realize we haven't even taken more than 2 drinks from our beers!
Saturday:
Saturday morning was an early one- up at 6 am (well J was, I got to sleep till 7:30)! Parker had a dance at the youth center on Friday night so J agreed to pick him up on Saturday morning- but we also had eye exams at 10 am! I was at the gym by 8 for Body Flow -Launch (introducing a new routine for the next few weeks). Saturday afternoon was spent doing a little shopping and a lot of cooking (for our UFC party). I made ham & pickle pinwheels, loaded potato skins and hot & honey BBQ chicken wings.
At 6 our festivities started with the actual fight starting at 9. The first 3 fights of the night were on the boring side, with all three going 3 rounds and down to the judges decisions. The welterweight fight of the night undefeated Lyoto Machida against undefeated Thiago Silva was a good one with Silva being knocked out at the end of the 1st round (as the bell was going off)!
The main event for the evening George St.Pierre vs BJ Penn was phenomenal with GSP dominating from the get go.
It went to the end of the 4th round but BJ was so messed up he could not continue to the 5th leaving GSP the Welterweight Champion. I highly doubt that anyone is going to take it from him anytime soon! They actually interviewed St.Pierre's next challenger for the title and the guy didn't sound too confident- almost scared! Most of the friends at our party were bummed that BJ didn't win- but as they were all frowning I was dancing around the living room humming the Canadian national anthem! I am a poor winner, I admit it- I like to rub it in!
Sunday:
Sunday was sleep in day and boy did I! I think I got up around 10:30 and then lumped around in bed until 11:45. We went to J's dads for lunch and then on to our friends- Greg & Lisa's for a Super Bowl party. I'm not that into football so I pretty much spaced out and just waited till the end of the game. J and I won $100 on a pool so it was worth while watching!

Monday is here and the begining to yet another week. Looking forward to this coming weekend as it is "girls weekend" with some college friends!

Bye for now....

No comments: