Tuesday, February 3, 2009

50 Completely Honest Things About Me: Part 5 of 50

Part 5 of 50: I'm a Homing Pigeon


In keeping with the bird theme, I thought this would be an appropriate post.


I am a homing pigeon. In the directional sense. This is a trait that I inherited from my dad, thankfully! I can get from home to someplace or someplace to home having only been there once in my life. I am exceptional with maps and written directions and I usually know which direction I am traveling in. I am also good at giving directions.


While I was in real estate, my Plat Book was like a Bible and I would travel nowhere without it. I actually had 3 (one in each of the vehicles and one to carry in my briefcase or have at my desk). I could walk a 40 acre parcel like I owned it simply by having the Plat Book in my hand! I will admit, now that I am in the city I sometimes feel "naked" without a Plat Book but you will find me using Google Maps often!


I recall as a child that my parents would play "get us home" games with me. Sometimes this was hard because my dad never liked to take the same road home as he took going. And he loved to take back roads...ALL of the time! In the end it's proven to be a game that obviously worked. I rarely get lost or turned around. Fortunately, I will probably never need a Garmin GPS like my poor friend Roxanne.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I would be lost with a Garmin...I wouldn't know how to work the thing:) I am a map girl...googlemaps, yahoo maps, or just a good ole atlas:)