Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Gas???....

We had the pleasure of spending Memorial Weekend with our great friends- the Payne's-in Atlanta. J and I are god-parents for their first born- Ayden and Jamie and Jason asked if I would be god-mother to their newest addition- baby Ava. Ava's baptism was the main reason for the trip south.
It was awesome to be able to hang with our friends and to play with the kids. Baby Ava- as seen below- is the most beautiful baby and J and I both were smitten very quickly! J a little more than anyone!
Time- Memorial Weekend
Location- Tyrone, GA- Payne's garage
N: Isn't Ava so precious. I just want to squeeze her!
J: She's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I WANT a baby girl!
N: (eyes as big as Frisbees) Gulp! (walk away hoping it seems like I've not heard him)


Time- 2 days later
Location- Home
J: Are we going to have a baby?
N: Um... (gulp) can we discuss this after I turn 30?
J: Yeah, that's fine
N: (big relief sigh)

Time- 4 days later
Location- driving in truck
N: I can't believe you really want to have a baby!
J: Well, we can just get another dog if you want
N: What?!!! What happened to "I want a baby girl"?
J: Well, I'm out of the baby gas now!
N: Out of the baby what? What is that? What does that mean?
J: The Baby Gas. Babies omit a gas when you are around them to make you want one. Then once your out of and away from that gas cloud for awhile you come to your
senses.
N: Baby Gas, hey? I think you're right. It makes perfect sense- the little buggers. It's all a conspiracy. What kind of dog should we get?

Viewer Discretion Advised. Be very careful while viewing the above pictures. Do not stare into the baby eyes for long periods of time- you may be overtaken by Baby Gas.

3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

It is my belief that people over the age of 40 are less able to succumb to baby gas. I am proof positive. I am near Ayden, Jameson and Ava constantly and I don't ever - I mean NEVER - think about having a baby of my own. So, fear not. Eventually people become immune to baby gas but they don't have the same immunity to puppies. Again, we are proof positive. We have three dogs and would add more if the laws of our county and HOA were more lenient :)

Jamie Payne said...

I am proof that there is such a thing as baby gas...it's how I ended up with 3 kids! Since I desperately want you and J to have a baby, I'll send one of Ava's baby blankets up for J to sniff:)

Unknown said...

(clicky click click click!)

The ratio of susceptiblely to baby gas is proportionate to your readiness to bear loin-fruit.

Very soon I will be at the age when we figured we'd *ahem* try. Seemed like it was a lot further away than it was/is.

Anyway, I figure that baby gas probably diminishes when you can't give them back or pass them off to their parents when they drop a stinky.