Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Where did we move to?

When we first made the decision to move- the Fox Valley was the obvious choice. We'd lived here in the past together and J had been raised here. We both are familiar with the area and enjoyed it the last time around.


I'm a little confused lately though. I'm pretty sure, when I went to the Pembine post office to put in our change of address/mail forwarding request, that I put 54952, which is the zipcode for Menasha. I'm also sure that our new bills have been coming to the same zipcode. How could it be then that we are living in Antartica? I know Wisconsin has some pretty terrible winters but this is getting a little rediculous! Sub-zero temperatures, gusting wind at 15+ mph, and constant snow fall. This can't be Menasha. I am totally convinced that we made a wrong turn somewhere in route on moving day. I've taken a few pictures-of this crap- for you to enjoy!





This is 2 days ago- we've since gotten another 3 inches, and there is another storm heading our way with "significant" snowfall.


Someone has changed their mind about loving the snow! Daisy (in her new jacket) can't even jump up over the edge to go potty- we have to shovel out an area for her to go.

Since we sold the house and paid off the majority of our debt we were going to start looking to replace the Blazer (it has seen it's better days). I'm now thinking of trading it in on a sled-dog team!

Stop back soon for more stories and pictures from the Arctic Circle!

1 comment:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

What is that white stuff? Ah yes...I remember...it's SNOW! We don't have it here. You've already migrated south from your previous home. Keep migrating southward until you make it to Georgia. We'd LOVE to have ya'll living here ;)

Merry Christmas to you and J. I hope Santa is good to you.