Friday, December 12, 2008

End of the year...sucks!

I have often said-since moving- that factory hours are fabulous! 7:30 to 4:30 with an hour lunch. Holiday's and the day after- paid time off.

HOWEVER, that was before I was involved in my first factory inventory. Since Wednesday morning (at 7 am may I add) I have been keying in part numbers & quantities, checking and re-checking reports, keying in some more part numbers and quantities and so on. The tips of my fingers are becoming tender, my eyes feel like they are bugging out of my head and my shoulders need a good massage. We are almost done- today being the last day!

Inventory is like that one annoying friend or family member (don't deny it-everyone has one) that you see at a holiday party once a year that brings weird snacks or presents. BUT in this case the snack is tasty....... overtime!!!

1 comment:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

We've had a group of employees working OT Saturdays for the past month counting inventory. Working Saturdays sucks, but they like the OT pay. Especially during this time of year.