Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What have I gotten myself into...


As most of you know, J was never too fond of living up north. The main reason being, not much to do for a young person- especially a young person that isn't crazy about the outdoors. His excitement in the months leading up to our move was almost comical. He just couldn't wait to get back to "civilization" (his words).




Well it certainly didn't take long for us to get into the groove of being back in the city with amenities and things to do- actually the things we used to do. Going out, ordering delivery and now..... volleyball. Yep, I said it- a big fat curse word right here on my blog! J has convinced me that it will be fun and something for us to do together once a week. Yes, I know we used to play when we previously lived down here- but the fact always was and always will be- I really suck at volleyball! And as you can see in the upper right side of the screen under "About Me" I am 100% athletically uncompetitive and always have been. I was never in sports in high school or college and have never been very interested in sports period.




BUT for the next 10 or 12 weeks I will be athletically competitive and "excited" about volleyball! Our team consists of Patie & Dave (J's sister & her husband), Me & J, Casey (J's sister Crystal's boyfriend) and a co-worker of Patie's. We are the DIRTY BUBBLES (note to self: ask Patie where the hell our team name came from) and we will be playing at The Bar on Wednesday nights. By the way- we started last Wednesday and we won all 3 games that night!


3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Want to really get away from the north? Move to Georgia! No volleyball leagues here. No siree...we just sit on the porch and see how far we can spit watermelon seeds. You think I'm kidding?

Roxanne Schwandt said...

YEAH! Go TEAM Dirty Bubbles!! That's cool you guys are living it up. I'm so glad you moved back here.

Roxanne Schwandt said...

PS - I like Deb's take on competitive sports. I bet I could spit a watermelon seed perr-ty far!