Thursday, July 9, 2009

DUNBAR makes the news...

BODY FOUND IN DUNBAR
"The Marinette County Sheriff’s Department has identified the body discovered in a creek in Dunbar on Monday. Police say the man is Eric Volp, 28 of Iron Mountain. Police say they used dental records and a distinctive tattoo on the back of his neck to make the positive ID. Volp went missing in October of 2008. Police say they are calling Volp’s death “an unnatural death” and are classifying it as suspicious. Autopsy results show Volp had some broken bones, and police say they are not ruling out foul play. Authorities say a fisherman found the body on Monday, and said it was badly decomposed."


Yes, I know it's not the kind of publicity the town wants but holy crap! No, I didn't know the person.
They always did say if you want to get away with murder, go to Marinette County in the State of Wisconsin. I'm sure this will eventually be a "cold case"

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow. That is just crazy. And sad.

Roxanne Schwandt said...

I couldn't believe it when I heard that on the news. Scarey! I will never, I mean NEVER go to that bar!!

Jamie Payne said...

Wowsers! That is super scary:(