Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ramblings on a Tuesday Afternoon

In little over a month since my last post, more has happened than the 18 months prior in which I was the non-existent blogger.

First of all, at the beginning of February our dear friend, Tom, was admitted to the hospital with complications due to his ongoing battle of Mestastic Melenoma. After a very long 3 weeks of watching him deteriorate daily, he passed away at his home surrounded by family on February 14th. It has been very hard on everyone close to him and it sometimes feels like the mourning will never end. My heart breaks for Roxanne & Nathan every day. In the weeks since his passing, I've begun to look at life a little differently. I'm trying to no longer sweat the small stuff. It is true. Life IS too short.
We continue to coordinate the benefit that we started planning when he was still alive and will use all proceeds for the mountain of medical bills as well as living expenses for his wife and 2yr old son.

Second on the list, Parker no longer has his temps.... he is a State of Wisconsin licensed driver! And will soon be getting his own car. He is actually very good driver from what I've seen so far, BUT I do also understand that he is a teenage boy!

Last but not least- About 10 days ago, I was diagnosed with a Pericardial Cyst. In a CT scan of my abdomen (because of abdominal pain) it was noticed that I have a 5cm x 5cm cyst on my heart. I am surprisingly calm and not making any assumptions. Loaded with a notebook full of questions, I have consultation with one of the best Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons in the Valley tomorrow to discuss the diagnosis as well as treatment options. Yes, I'm nervous but No, I'm not freaking out like a lunatic......well not yet!

1 comment:

Jamie Payne said...

Keep popping your happy pills:)