Monday, November 5, 2012

50 Completely Honest Things About Me - Part 12 of 50

Part 12 of 50:  I am the poster child of the sign Taurus

I am not an overly astrological person, nor do I really know anything about the signs besides my own.  However, I recently saw a break down of the sign of Taurus and was astounded.  It fits me to a T.


Taurus Strength Keywords:

- Dependable   (I would give you the shirt off my back and anything else you would need: any day, at any time of the day)- Persistent   (When I want something done- it will get done, so help me God)
- Loyal   
(I will most likely come back as a dog)- Patient   (I can be, but I don't particularly like it)- Generous   (I love the feeling of giving gifts and suprising people)

Taurus Weakness Keywords:

- Stubborn   (When my mind is made up, it is like a concrete block)- Laziness   (I prefer to refer to myself as a Relaxologist)- Possessive   (I am like a mama bear with her cubs)
- Materialistic 
  (What can I say...I like pretty things)- Self-indulging   (In my defense, I am an only child)

Taurus and Independence:

Taurus is not the one who ventures out into the unknown and leads the way, Taurus is the one that will follow the leader and strengthen and build upon the discovered, in other words they are the one that will "dot the I's and cross the T's". This perseverance is given to them by their stubborn streak. Taurus stubborn streak is what gives their independence. They like to do things their way. They are perfectly fine on being alone, this way things get done they way they want them to be done. Taurus is not a follower, but they are not the brave one either. Taurus is perfectly independent. With their perseverance, they get things done and can do quite well for themselves.

I am the oppitame of this statement.  I have never been a leader, in the sense that the leader tends to take the fall if things go array.  I don't like to take the fall.  I will, however, take the ball and run.  I like things done my way- because it's the right way. 

Taurus and Friendship:

A Taurus is an excellent friend. Taurus has few close friends as opposed to many acquaintances. The few people they hold dear to them are guarded and protected. Their friends are treated like family and they are fiercely loyal and dependable. Taurus loves to be the host or hostess. Although not a total social butterfly, they can be shy around strangers, the people who Taurus let into their lives are lavishly catered to when Taurus decides to throw a party, they decorate and present everything lavishly. Taurus will always pamper themselves and their close group of friends.

I've been told that I have too many friends, but as the statement says above "Taurus has few close friends as opposed to many acquaintances".  I have the group of girls that I consider my close friends, my sisters, my soul mates.  I would do just about anything for them, and actually crave conversation and time with them.  Each and everyone of them are different from the next and each one brings a wonderful quality to the table.  I sometimes look at us as a pie chart- each of us being a different section but each being needed to make the pie whole.
If money were no object, or my paycheck was actually not needed to maintain our household, I would own my own party/wedding planning business.  I would need to have 10 weddings to use all of the ideas that I had for ours. 

Taurus and Business:

Taurus is a strong business person. Taurus is the one who has immense perseverance, even when others have given up, the Taurus rages on. They have a knack for finance and their financial advice is prized. They know where money is to be made and have the ability to manipulate and set the path for their own success. Taurus are not frivolous spenders but they like to live lavishly and surround themselves with nice possessions and foods, which all adds up resulting in large spending habits. They will not spend all their money and cause their business to fail because if they do, their security and stability will be gone and this will cause them great stress.

Money and financial strain are the biggest stressors in my life.  I like to make money and will hold 10 jobs if need be, but I also like to have nice, pretty things.  When our pocket book gets slim, I tend to put the brakes on spending and it can cause arguments.

Taurus Temperament:

Taurus are deeply sensitive, the slightest comment or negative remark will be taken personally and they can easily get offended or hurt. Their stubborn streak results in laziness. They can be very lazy when someone gives them orders or wants them to do something they do not want to do. They are not lazy when it comes to themselves.

I can cry at the drop of a hat. I can throw a temper tantrum with the best of the 2 year olds.  And I do tend to take things to heart.  When I don't want to do something, I .Don't.Want.To.Do.It.  Have you ever tried getting a donkey to walk forward when it doesn't want to?

Taurus Deep Inside:

Taurus are not fond of change. In fact, is change is imminent, they get very nervous and worried. They do not like anything new because anything new is unknown and Taurus fears the unknown. Taurus needs order in their lives and when they do not have order, they get very anxious. Taurus will cut themselves off from the unfamiliar in order to avoid the feelings of insecurity that arise when new experiences and situations are present. Taurus do not express their feelings openly and their inner self is contained and secretive. Many people do not know how sensitive Taurus really is, they hide it well. As a result, they are often emotionally hurt when the wrong things are said, they take things too personally sometimes. Taurus avoids talking about their emotions and many people never really know how they feel.

Something as small as having to take a new route to work due to construction, irritates me.  I do not do change, AT.ALL.  I have a routine, and I stick to it no matter what.  I write lists.  I have an order of doing EVERYTHING, and if I stray from that order I am just off the rest of the day.  I hold things in, until the explode like Mt. St Helen.  But I love when others open up to me.  I want to know the deepest, darkest secrets of a persons life- it makes me feel closer to them knowing all.

Taurus in a Nutshell:

Taurus is the one who has immense perseverance, even when others have given up, the Taurus rages on. Solid and persistent, just like the bull, which is Taurus' well suited symbol. Taurus's have a well known reputation for being stubborn, which is not necessarily a bad thing. The stubborn streak can cause Taurus to butt heads and conflict with other strong character types. Taurus are not fond of change. They like the familiar and routine comfort of life. Taurus is easy going and not one to pick a fight but should some poor souls attempt to provoke Taurus, the wrath will be known, for they have a temper underneath the calm surface. Taurus are very responsive to their surroundings. They like decorations, color, anything that appeals to all the senses. Taurus like possessions and the Taurus home is nicely decorated with lots of things. Taurus are down to earth, they do not like gaudy, flashy or over the top things. They prefer comfortable and creative settings and objects. Taurus likes security, in every aspect of their lives from home, to love, to career. Taurus can be secretive, opinionated and stingy. Taurus tend to be self-indulgent and lazy, Taurus are master procrastinators of the astrology zodiac! They do however have a strong, persistent drive that comes to life when they chose, and no one would ever know that they are lazy. The secret to this is that their laziness is pushed aside when it comes to themselves.


The color of choice for Taurus is PINK
Your Starstone is the EMERALD

No comments: